Domestic Investigations

Domestic, or civil investigations can provide information or evidence regarding many types of personal matters. These can include marital issues, child custody/support, stalking, or caregivers.


  • Marital Issues: Many domestic investigations focus on infidelity and divorce. A private investigator may be able to provide a spouse with the evidence of infidelity, drug use, gambling, or other illegal/immoral activities to be utilized during the court proceedings.
  • Child Custody/Support: Due to the contentious nature of many child custody cases, many parents seek information that can impact the custodial arrangement. This information can be developed by performing surveillance to ensure that neglect or abuse is not taking place while the child is in the care of the other parent or caretaker. Custodial investigations may also involve ensuring that the terms and conditions of the arrangement are being strictly adhered to. McDonald & Associates can also assist by locating delinquent parents when child support is not being paid.
  • Caregivers: McDonald & Associates can perform thorough background checks and conduct surveillance on caregivers for children, seniors, and even pets to ensure loved ones are being taken care of by the person they claim to be and in a manner consistent with your expectations.
  • Stalking: Anyone concerned with the possibility of stalking by an ex-lover, ex-spouse, co-worker or other individual can hire an experienced domestic investigative firm like McDonald & Associates to confirm their suspicions and gather evidence to share with the proper authorities.